Monday, September 30, 2013

Woo! Pig! Sooie!

We have a little piggy fun today.

My co-worker is from Arkansas and went to the University of Arkansas, home of the Razorbacks.  We try to have cake on our birthdays in our office.  Who doesn't love cake.  So, I volunteered to make the cake.  This was my first time actually decorating a cake for one of them.  Usually, we just do simple cakes or cupcakes.  I decided we needed a decorated cake.


I made a chocolate cake using a white cake mix with 1/3 cup of cocoa added to the ingredients.  I then made chocolate buttercream to ice the cake with.  It turned out delish.


I decorated the sides with the Pig Call.  The pig was done freehand.  You could easily do a frozen butter cream transfer.  What I did was print out a razorback and trace the main outline onto my cake.  I then filled the space with the maroon color and look at my printout to draw in the rest.  My co-workers liked it so much that they commissioned me to make a cake for them a few weeks after this.  That cake will come later.

So, if you enjoyed this cake, call the pigs for me!

2 comments:

Katie @DecorateMyLife said...

Wow! How did you do the Razorback? We live in AR... Woo Pig!

Alexis Tanner Lane said...

This is amazing! You did a great job! My husband lived in Arkansas for a short time and is a Razorback fan. I'll have to show him this cake! Pinning!