Monday, September 16, 2013

Playing Catch Up

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately.  I don't really have any accuses.  I just didn't want to get on here.  Isn't that sad?

Well, I have done a few cakes since the last time I was here.  So, I will let you see what I've been up to.

First, I made a cake for my Memaw.  She is a huge fan of the Texas Rangers.  She watches them every chance she gets.  So, I decided to make her a Ranger cake.  It wasn't anything too fancy, but it did turn out rather cute.

 
I used the ruffle technique that is so popular right now.  I started by measuring around my cake with a tape measure so I could space my ruffles out evenly.  I think I ended up making my ruffles about an inch wide.


 
The colors remind me so much of rodeo days or 4th of July.  You could definitely make a really cute 4th of July cake using ruffles.  If you would like better instructions on how to do this please let me know.
 
The next cake will come quicker, promise.


No comments: