Tuesday, March 1, 2011

'Wunder'ful Onesies

Ok! So, that was a little bit of a stretch, but I couldn't resist.

One of my friends had a baby shower over the weekend. So, I decided to make some onesies for her. One is really girly, and the other one is for the baby is throwing those midnight parties. Mom's you know what I am talking about. I even have step-by-step pictures to go along with the tutorial for the girly one this time. Shocking, I know!

Supplies you will need: Onesie, fabric and Wunder Under.


For my pattern, I went into Word and picked a font I liked. Once I printed it out, I cut it out.


I placed it on the Wunder Under backwards, and traced around it.


I then cut it out.


Iron this onto your fabric piece on the wrong side. Then, cut it out.


Peel off the paper backing, and put it on the onesie where you want it to go. Then, iron it on.


This is what it looks like at this stage. You can leave it like this, or you can do what I did. I took some coordinating embroidery thread and hand-stitched around my pattern. This just gives it a little more staying power. If you look closely in the last picture you can see that I outlined my A in purple thread.



For, a cute little touch I added a heart to the bum.


Now for my rocker onesie. What is funny about this is I told my friend before she opened my present that one onesie was kinda joke, and that if she didn't want to put it on her little girl she didn't have to. When, I told her that she proceeded to say that her husband had been looking at onesies online that had the exact same thing on them as my second onesie.


I just made a design in Word, and reversed it. Then, I printed it out on an iron-on transfer sheet. I found mine at Target. This is really easy to do. The only reason I had to reverse mine is because it had wording on it. If it's just an image, it doesn't really matter.


Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial.

17 comments:

WobiSobi said...

These are cute I have a new niece I might have to create one of these. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs Anne

Unknown said...

Those are adorable! Silly question, but what font did you use on the A? I really like it, but didn't see anything similar in my Word.

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Very cute! You make it look so simple! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party!

Michelle said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday at www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Love these adorable onesies! Great tutorial!

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Wow, you are so talented!

Happy Thursday! I am blog hopping today and I am so happy I got to stop by your blog!!

Please come by and visit either or both of my blogs and become a follower (if you aren't one already):

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Have a very blessed Thursday!! :0)

Esther Asbury said...

Love that first one with the pink polka-dotted "A" on it. Thanks for the great tutorial.
BTW - Thanks for your sweet comment on my glimmer mist.

Lee Ann said...

These are cute! I am planning on making a couple this weekend for a friend that is having twins!! :)

http://lamarkham.blogspot.com

muralimanohar said...

Heheh, LOVE the tattoo one! :D

Janet said...

AWESOME tutorial! I'm gonna need to try this soon!

Dacia said...

Those are really cute onsies. I really like monograms. Adorable! Thanks for the blog visit and comment love :)

Yolanda @ Miss Refashionista said...

Soooo cool! I just got a brand new nephew and his initials are also A, for Anthony, and I wanted to make the something for him. I guess great minds think alike. :)

Anonymous said...

Love this! Found you through Sundae Scoop and am now a follower :) I recently bought these exact same supplies and am planning to make a cute initial shirt for my 6-month-old daughter. I plan to post about it once it's finished--hopefully it comes out as cute as yours! Stop by my blog sometime--I'd love to have you as a follower! I'm a first-time mommy and lover of scrap booking and anything "baby," as well. ;)

Sally said...

I love it! I need to try this with T-shirts for my girls!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

ah these are SO cute!! Love them!

xoxo-
Jamielyn
I ♥ Nap Time

Amie said...

Those turned out so cute! I love the little heart on the bum. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Amie
Coffee, Cakes, & Crazies!

AllieMakes! said...

Stinking Cute! Great job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com