Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hooked on You

For my mom's birthday, I decided to make her something to hold her crochet hooks. I got the perfect tutorial over at Little Birdie Secrets.


The inside has a section that holds your crochet hooks, scissors and small needles. On the section that holds your hooks, you sew lines across the section sewing the lines closer to each other as you go across the sections. This ensures that the needles stay snug in the pockets.




The outside has your button or clasp of some sort on it.


I followed the tutorial for the most part, but I didn't have any thin hair elastics. Also, last week we had awful weather in the part of Texas that I am in. So, I decided to make a loop made out of the fabric that I used to make the main part of the case. It worked just fine. Just goes to show that you don't have to follow a tutorial exactly.

For my fabric loop, I cut a long narrow strip of fabric. I then ironed in the two long sides and folded it in half and ironed it again. Then I sewed down the open side to keep it closed. You will put the loop in when you put your two sides together with the fronts facing each other. When you pin in your loop, the ends need to be sticking out. i just wanted to make that clear since in the picture on Little Birdie Secrets, it looks like the loop is sticking out.


Deets~Fabric is from Wal-Mart, thread is from Joann's and the button is one I found in my mom's stash a long time ago.

2 comments:

Laura Bray said...

I make crayon rolls that are similiar to this. I don't know about you, but sewing all those lines for the pockets makes me a little crazy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That is really cute! Thanks for visiting my blog!