Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ballerina in the Making

This is the last project I made for Christmas. So, now I have to come up with some other crafty endeavors. Trust me there will be a few in the coming weeks because we have several birthdays this month.

I had lots of tulle left over from my wedding 8 years ago just collecting dust being stored at my parents house so I decided to make some tutus for my daughter and niece. It went from this:



to this:





I looked online for a tutu tutorial, and I am not sure which one I used. They are all basically the same. My tutus took a little bit longer than normal ones because my tulle from from the bolt and not the little spools you can buy it on.

Deets~I measured my daughter to get the length from her waist to her knees. I then cut some elastic to the length of her waist plus about 1 inch so I could over lap the ends. I then hand sewed the ends together. Next, I cut strips of tulle about 3 x 15. I put three strips together, and knotted them onto the elastic strip. After I was done with that, I thought it looked a little plain so I added some ribbon all the way around the tutu. I think my daughter liked it, but she hasn't wore it very much.

No comments: