Monday, January 3, 2011

Refurbished Frame

I originally got the frame at a white elephant Christmas party. I knew I wouldn't used it as it was.



So, I decided to repaint it by doing something with the tons of scrapbook paper I have.



This ended up being a present for my sister-in-law, and I think she actually liked it. I was a little worried since it was homemade.

Deets ~ I put painters tape around the edges of the frame because I liked the worn detail on the edges. I then spray painted the frame with brown paint. I then handcut all the letters and flowers because I don't have a die cut machine of any kind. For this I simply reversed the letters in a word program on my pc and printed them on the backside of the scrapbook paper, and then cut them out. I then used Mod Podge to paste the words and flowers onto the frame. I put a layer Mod Podge over the whole thing, and called it done. For some reason the lettering looks way crooked on the bottom row in the picture. I don't think it's that crooked in real life.

No comments: