Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby Boy's 3rd Birthday

Baby Boy's Birthday was just before Thanksgiving. I would have posted this sooner, but I couldn't find the camera. You know how that goes.

We had a John Deere theme, and we had the party at Nana and Papa's house.

I made a simple sheet cake and covered it with royal icing. I then took at toothpick and drew and outline of a tractor on the cake. I then lined my drawing with black icing. I thinned the icing down after that and flooded the body of the tractor. It was a whole lot easier than piping stars on the cake.



I also made a three shirt. I simply took some Wonder Under, and drew a three backwards on it. I then ironed that on to my material. After that was ironed on to the material, I peeled the paper backing off and ironed it onto the shirt. Nana went around it with some thread to give it a decorative edge.



This is of baby boy blowing out the candles. I can't believe he has gotten so big.



I also made him a cape. One side is superman, and the other is batman. If you would like to make one of you own, I got the idea from the blog Serving Pink Lemonade here.





I will post better pics of the cape when the kiddos are not asleep.



1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Looks like someone had a very special birthday! Love the theme and all you created to go with it! :)

I hope you have a moxie fab holiday, Stephanie! Mwah!